27 October 2009

Family

First off, What is Family???


Family is unconditional love, understanding and accepting you for the person you are not the person they think you should be.
Allowing you to make decisions in your life that, though they may not agree, they support you and are there to pick you up when the decision you made turns out bad. Not to say I told you so but, to support you until you can deiced what the next decision (good or bad) is going to be.

This week I have learned what it is like to be a part of a family with unconditional love and understanding.


We received a call around 3 am last Thursday morning that a dear friend of ours affectionately called "Grandma Bear" had passed away. We quickly made arrangements to travel to Cheyenne Wyoming to join with family and friend to be with and comfort "Grandpa Bear."


Upon our arrival and even as more family arrived I was greeted with love, hugs, and open arms.
Herb has been part of this family for nearly 20 years, and when he and I married, little did I know that I was to be given the same honor. In her acceptance of me Grandma Bear open the door and the rest of the family accepted me with no questions asked.

I had such a short amount of time to get to know Grandma Bear, but, I do know she loved God, Grandpa Bear, and her family, in that order. She believed that everyone was unique, and that God put people in your life for a reason. She loved helping other people and doing what she could to make her little corner of the world a better place.

She was a wonderful example of a Godly woman and I hope to be able to follow in her footsteps and become a woman she would be proud of.

Thank You Nancy. You will be greatly missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment